Wednesday, August 18, 2010

pass the biscuits, please


These subjects beg for large format: 1) The menu at George's. 2) The ceiling at George's. 3) The shrimp po-boy at George's. 4) Has anyone ever recommended to you the smoked catfish po-boy at Jay's BBQ? To me either. I will never stop recommending it now. 5) An oak in the rain on campus. 6) Further under that oak. 7) Under another.

Rick Moody talking about writerly desperation and digital media
Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band, Together
Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Cow Fingers & Mosquito Pie  
Andre Williams, Rib Tips and Greasy Chicken

Media Announcement: My take on the roller derby and an early-bird notice about country legend Guy Clark practically playing a living room show here in Baton Rouge in October appears in this week's installment of The Record Crate blog for 225.

I was talking with someone the other day about our respective writings and he mentioned a story I'd written of which I was particularly proud and then suddenly neither of us could remember the name of who it was about, and only just now remembered it was Andre Williams. I even met the guy in person while writing the story. How do you forget Andre Williams?


Andre Williams, "Pass the Biscuits, Please"

No comments:

Post a Comment