Friday, December 18, 2009

happy holidays from twitty city


From this eBay auction item

Conway Twitty - 25 #1's (listen)

My daughter excitedly told me yesterday afternoon that she found a great new radio station on her stereo and that it just played "Jingle Bell Rock." I assumed it was the whoever becomes the Christmas station this time of year, but no! It was Country Legends 107.5 and she spent the early evening extolling its virtues, doing improvised railroad handtruck-style dances to Eddie Rabbit and the Pleadin' Cheatin' Deflowerer King of All Country Legends Conway Twitty, pictured above before his ultimate vacation destination Twitty City.

No hard sell is required here. The sound of my childhood up to about 1983 was pretty much 80% Country Legends. I know every one of those damn songs. I was really hoping to hear George Burns' fluke country hit "I Wish I was 18 Again" - that was a huge at the country station in Houma back then, but man, Conway Twitty will do.

Twitty City was renowned for its Xmas decorations in its day, and that seems an appropriate segue to announcing that we are headed to see those decorating the happiest place on Earth, the place you go after winning the goddamn Super Bowl, the vast and shimmering sepulcher of the frozen head of Uncle Walt in a few hours, and to all you diligent readers, I wish you a happy holiday if I don't report back before the fat man gets all up in yr chimney. And, I'm sorry, Loretta...









Edited to add: This might be my favorite Conway song.

1 comment:

  1. Hello !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
    There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://uxyfowopo.o-f.com/ipikavyg.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete