Tuesday, September 1, 2009

hold my beer



Hasil Adkins - Look at That Caveman Go (listen) Today I am my brain is on lock waiting for the phone to ring, when actually, it is going to ring tomorrow afternoon, and I even know what they are going to say (I think) and its a good thing, a great thing even, but I still. have. to. wait. and what I like about Hasil Adkins besides his undeniable likability is there is no waiting at all in his thing. It is full speed ahead, just me, look-out, hold my beer* while I show y'all how to a do a loop-de-loop off that ramp kind of music.


Captain Sensible - Meathead (listen) Then that phone call (should it, when it happens) will trigger a massive reorg of the idle ramblings, getting all the troops to face in the same direction for once not unlike this massive double-album undertaking by the clown prince guitarist of the Damned. He comes off like Julian Cope a little on this record, which is always a good thing in my book. Did somebody say "book?" Ai yi.





*What are a redneck's last words?

Hold my beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment