Thursday, September 10, 2009

submerges everything in everything



B.G./ DJ Hektik - Built to Last 1.5 -Last night at a stoplight waiting to get into the Raisin' Canes, I heard the best hip-hop song I've herd in a while coming from the car next to me. The beat was punctuated by what sounded like clinking beer bottles and there were weird springy percussion things throughout it. We both had our windows down so I violated the car=island barrier and asked what it was, and the shocked guy told me it was B.G. from New Orleans. I've skimmed through 6 or 7 B.G. albums looking for it without finding it. If anyone wants to further expose the rap ignorance of one curious internet music honky, I'd love to know what it is. Meanwhile, I dig how DJ Hektik submerges everything in everything on this mixtape; tracks compete with themselves to be heard. I could bring up the ouroboros again, but really once is more than enough for today, and this might be more of a Foucault's Pendulum thing anyway.

From Wikipedia


Raekwon - Only Built for Cuban Linx II (listen) I asked the oracle of the Internet "what does 'Only Built For Cuban Linx' mean" and was relieved to hear I was the only one who didn't know. Yahoo! Answers led to this answer:
apparntly it was a really tough chain that was the in thing back in tha day,so Ghost and Rae named the album "Only Built for Cuban Linx" so was to say that they were tough like the chain.
Next time someone brings up the ouroboros when I suspect they mean something else, most likely myself, I will helpfully offer, "Perhaps you mean 'Cuban linx.'" and see where that gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment