Friday, May 15, 2009

apology for the "you suck" thing



I'm pretty sure I saw Pylon open for R.E.M. one of those times back in the day, and the other time it was Fetchin' Bones opening up, and in both occasions I was sorely disappointed in their respective performances, but not as much as when I saw the Raunch Hands inexplicably open for Siouxsie & the Banshees. We stood up on our seats and yelled "you suck' right at a quiet moment after a song, quiet enough that the band heard it and stared at us for a second along with the rest of the crowd.

I'm not sure what I was thinking back then - all three of these albums sound vibrant today, while I am more likely to hear R.E.M. in a restaurant muzak stream that on my own volition now*, and I can't imagine a circumstance where I'd listen to Siouxsie & the Banshees with purpose now.

*Though saying that put me in the mood for Fables of the Reconstruction. Do they officially still do the dots on their name?

No comments:

Post a Comment