Wednesday, March 30, 2011

soul ignorance


All your needs can be met by Dale Warren & the Wattstax '72 Orchestra's "Salvation Symphony".

Media: Slim Harpo Awards Recap, Dirtdobber Blues, and Who is Harry Nilsson? in this week's entry of the Record Crate blog for 225 Magazine. I should really get a new picture taken.


Ike & Tina Turner, Nutbush City Limits
Various Artists, Wattstax: The Living Word

Damn this Wattstax album is good. You probably already knew that and I am once again exposing my general soul ignorance to the cold air of enlightenment. The chill builds character, they say. I had a similar moment during my interview when I failed to immediately recognize a certain song as an Ike & Tina number and took that as an opportunity to make corrective measures. I understand the secret to flying a plane is getting up the in air and then making the little corrections necessary to keep it there until its time to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment