Friday, September 28, 2007

Andy Warhol

I have that David Bowie "Andy Warhol" song stuck in my head, so I figured I'd share the wealth.
David BowieAndy Warhol

Here a trawl through the Warhol offerings on YouTube.


That first video, where he eats a hamburger, is captivating. I had it playing in the background and clicked off on another window to do something and heard the bag rustle and I rushed back to see what was happening! I think that video encapsulates my love of Andy Warhol.

Any of the "he's not a real artist" bullshit falls away from the fact that he has convinced me thirty years later and twenty years dead to not only watch him eat a hamburger for 5 minutes, find a reduction of the human struggle in his trouble with the ketchup bottle, wait as he swallows his food for a Bergman-grade eternity before delivering his sole line, resonating with existential triumph, and then want to tell people about it.

I'm off to get a hamburger in homage.

No comments:

Post a Comment