Friday, October 28, 2011

let's hope I didn't just jinx it

Image
Mason jar ghosts at the haunted park own the street. More pics!

Cockney Rebel, The Psychomodo
Dwight Yoakam, If There Was a Way
Simon Joyner, Heaven's Gate
Tom Waits, Bad As Me 
(streaming at NPR)
Swearing at Motorists, More Songs from the Mellow Struggle
The Glands, The Glands
Mount Eerie, Song Islands Vol. 2


  • Ladies and gentlemen, Simon Joyner.


    Simon Joyner, "Prometheus",OK Hotel, Seattle, WA, July 23,2010
       
  • Now that you are all cheered up, the Louisiana Book Festival is this Saturday!  I'm not reading or paneling or even selling anything this year, but I'm nonetheless excited! Traditionally, it is prettiest day of the year, so let's hope I didn't just jinx it.
        
  • Also, my daughter's band Black Diamond is playing at the St. Aloysius Fair on Saturday at ~4pm!
     
  • You counteract a jinx by acknowledging one, right? Isn't that how the stock market works?
        
  • This took half-listening to half the song to get it, and I still am not sure I "get" it.


    The Microphones, "Get Off the Internet"

No comments:

Post a Comment