Tuesday, September 6, 2011

smoker of life

IMG_0565

Mike Doughty, Yes and Also Yes

Robert Ellis, Photographs

George Strait, Here for a Good Time
The Drums, Portamento
Terry Riley, A Rainbow in Curved Air
  • The new George Strait is the treacly, carcinogenic glaze on the ribs of my day in the smoker of life. Really, I'm as surprised as anybody. Seek out "Poison" and let it seep into your marrow.
     
  • It could not conceivably be more gorgeous out. The parade ground on campus was littered with fresh coeds huddled on blankets if not from the rare September breeze - summer is usually still farting its warmth on you this time of year - but at the sudden opportunity to do so. The conscious parfait of bathing suit top, books to study, oversize backpack, requisite cellphone, that weird loneliness that comes from being on display among others similarly on self-absorbed with his or her own tableau. It's a microcosm of the college experience.
     
  • Which is a microcosm of life, except you have time to loll around on the grass in the middle of the day with other people that still look attractive with their shoes off.
     
  • Speaking of, RIP New Orleans' arranger, producer, R&B machine Wardell Quezergue. He brought so many great songs like this into the world.


    Robert Parker, "Barefootin'"
     
  • Pecking away at reviews and articles and paperwork after a long day including a great #digitalbrands class. I'm into it. When teaching works it is like going out on mutual limbs with your students until you get to the thin branches in the middle where no one has their balance.There was a long break between George Strait and the Drums, should that seem to be the worst segue-way of all time. Whatever route gets me to "A Rainbow in Curved Air" at the end of the day is fine with me.


    Terry Riley, "A Rainbow In Curved Air"

3 comments:

  1. hi Jimmy thank you and I truly am happy for you...will you please tell me which spell did you order and how long did it take? Were you just inlove with this woman and you were not her lover before if I may ask? How long did it take to see results?
    2yrs of working with spell caster no results. have been hearing good review about this priestessmunak@gmail.com spell caster, how does her spell work?. I heard she is very strong and active with her spell. plz reply me just want a real caster rhis time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halyn: I suspect you might be spam, but in the case that you aren't, I think you replied to the wrong message regarding your spellcasting question, which, incidentally, I truly wish I was well-heeled enough in spellcasting to answer.

    Regards,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not here to convince you or to make you buy anything from me. As I always say… if it does not feel right, don’t do it! When it comes to spells, love spells and spell work it is important that you select an authentic and genuine spell caster that you feel good about. My advice to you is to really take the time to read the good new about me in any site. You will find many valuable information about me, my services and products as well as authentic spell casting, love spells, magic spells, witchcraft and spiritual help. Only you can decide if I am the right spell caster for you,let me tell you one thing you have to no is that most of the fake spell caster do have a site just convince you to see my thing about them,and they will take your money and they will never respond to your mail again don't be deceive brothers and sisters. My door is always open to you and you are very welcome to email me at any time email to contact wiseindividualspell@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete