Oversaturating the murals in front of Allen Hall, sure, but I like that blue.
The Peärls Before Swïne Experience, Debris Reassembled
Beruit, The Rip Tide
The Decemberists, The Crane Wife
Rufus Wainwright, Poses and All Days are Nights: Songs for Lulu
Various Artists, A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding in Your Mind
- In this week's Record Create for 225: Funkadelic, Paul Burch and a review of the Drive-By Truckers show last week where the hand-bandaged Patterson Hood was a one-winged dove, singing his songs like I haven’t heard him sing them before, and I’ve seen them eight or nine times.
- OK, The "cultural happening" Peärls Before Swïne Experience is not "American psychedelic band" Pearls Before Swine, lest you get confused like I was. I figured The Excessively Umlauted Experience to be a re-package like Credence Clearwater Reunion, except for a band that only I care about. The Experience deals in that sort of dream logic post-atonal chamber music of which I am still the only person that cares about it, so same diff probably.
- Rock flute-wise, Focus owns it at the one-minute mark.
Focus, "Anonymous II"
- Nothing is as equally comforting and yet undrinkable to me as doctor's office coffee. I've had allergies turning into a cough into tuberculosis over the past two weeks so I went. The walk-in doctor looked like a tiny head perched on the frame of a basketball player in David Byrne's baggy labcoat. He spoke my diagnosis into his phone with such a confident flair, it floored me. Torpedos are fired in a less cocksure manner. He said it goes to DragonSpeak software that dictates it for him but he has to speak in in a certain way to get it to register with any accuracy.
- The doctor's office coffee and the wheelchair-bound true believers smoking outside the sliding doors of the clinic made me think of this song.
Rufus Wainwright, "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk"
Post a Comment