Sunday, August 7, 2011

The meat I've eaten


Chicken with a rub of powdered, dried chorizo concocted and executed by my buddy John. I took a bite and was subsequently mad at my entire life up to that moment which was not spent eating this.


"Mr. Wipe Me Down"


The balloon festival was largely a bust due to thunderstorms, but the brave souls of the Raisin' Canes crew fired up with their badass burners.


Some people rock their band auditions.


This was some kind of crosscut pork rib situation of John's. The meat I've eaten off this very tray... Unpictured: laser tag, beer, swimming, couples coming apart at the seams, mishearing about couples coming apart at the seams, bookstore browsing, Hex Bug village building, groceries, withering under the sun's cruelty.

David Bowie, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
John's George Jones-heavy country mix
The Clash, London Calling
László Kasznnahorkai, War and War

All in all, the weekend was a splendid mélange of the classic and the ridiculous with considerable overlap. It's how I imagine Mr. Wipe Me Down conducts his leisure, or how I would were I he.

No comments:

Post a Comment