Tuesday, October 26, 2010

tizzy over Ozzy


The now casting its recursive shadow on the now. Or something like that. I don't know; I'm tired.

Media Announcements: I am in such a tizzy over Ozzy that I failed to mention my profile of Joanna Newsom (she plays Tipitina's in New Orleans, LA, USA Nov. 13; Dear band I recently interviewed elsewhere that expressed interest in being her opening act: I tried.) in that same issue of OffBeat.

Ozzy Osbourne, Diary of a Madman
Motörhead, 1916
Luc Sante, Low Life: Lures and Snares of Old New York
It is a city and it is also a creature,a mentality, a disease, a threat, an electromagnet, a cheap stage set, an accident corridor. It is an implausible character, a  monstrous vortex of contradictions, an attraction-repulsion mechanism so extreme no one could have made it up.
- Luc Sante, Preface from Low Life

We are the system, we are the law
We are corruption, worm in the core
One of another, laugh 'til you cry
Faith unto death or a knife in your eye
- Motörhead, "Love Me Forever"


No comments:

Post a Comment