Thursday, March 18, 2010

reason the Deep Ones have



Van Der Graaf Generator - Still Life (lala)
itsnotyouitsme - Fallen Monuments and Walled Gardens
H. P. Lovecraft - "The Call of Cthulhu"
H. P. Lovecraft and Willis Conover - Lovecraft at Last (Amazon)
Various Artists - Takoma Eclectic Sampler

My phone is taking all goddamn day to sync and I was thereby forced to brave my lunch hour naked, unconnected. It was a tether-be-damned spacewalk. I did, unaided by technology, find an unmolested copy of "The Call of Cthulhu" for whatever reason the Deep Ones have in making me seek it out, as well as a collage-y book from 1975 involving a guy's teenage correspondence with the famed fantasy author. In the forward of Lovecraft at Last, Conover claims to have gotten the idea to write the book after eavesdropping Lovecraft's name from hushed jury duty conversations and regaling his stunned co-jurors with his loose relationship to him. Hm. Leafing through, it's full up with reproductions of lecture programs and the madman of Brooklyn's handwriting and very 1975 redefine-the-book, which is my kind of thing. A pre-blog blog, ego meeting layout on the field who-cares-if-you-care. I do! I'd show you, but my phone is my camera and that sync bar might be moving backwards now.

No comments:

Post a Comment