Thursday, March 25, 2010

llamas are the universal symbol of confident tastemakers



The Bird & the Bee - Interpreting the Masters Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates (lala)
The High Llamas - Snowbug

This Hall & Oates rehash record is the kind of record I tend to hate from the conceptual level up, hate even more upon listening and that some key Tipping Point tastemakers in my circle latch onto and love and make everybody else love it and after hating it for so long I'm finally worn down into being into it. Like the masters say, "I don't wanna play, don't wanna play those games no more, no" so I tear down the walls of hate and open the gates of acquiescence. And I just listened to the whole thing. Plus what's-her-face, the Bird (I guess) sounds hot in this kind of Casio Karaoke environment.


The magnolia tree depicted above is in a circle of it's own. In the very back, by the house, you can see the ceramic llama in these people's yard. Ceramic is "soft rock" in a way and everybody knows llamas are the universal symbol of confident tastemakers, so that ties everything up in a tidy little circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment