Monday, August 10, 2009

5 things about Rhys Chatham's "A Crimson Grail" for 200 guitars



YouTube Playlist of parts 1 - 8. Here is a New York Times preview of the event.

  1. There are evidently a lot of nice old ladies that are into rock-infused minimalism in New York City.
  2. I'm betting that the person making this video wishes they'd brought a tripod.
  3. I'm betting that everyone in the audience wishes they had a tricked out comfy concert chair like the acres of them that I saw at JazzFest this year.
  4. This prompts the ever-present question, "Why don't I live in New York City, again?"
  5. I like this more than I do his "Guitar Trio," (listen) which is a piece I respect for its relentlessness, but am always left thinking, "I wish this would change up a little"

No comments:

Post a Comment