Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Whoa, I didn't see you there, hiding in the jello salad like that



Buddy Guy - A Man and the Blues (listen) I like how Buddy Guy is all "Whoa, I didn't see you there, hiding in the jello salad like that" on the cover. I also like how the "A" looks like a backwards "R." I like a lot about this record. I did notice, skipping through the reviews of all these old Buddy Guy albums on AMG that peopel have a lot of reasons to like and dislike a blues record that have little to do with the music unto itself. One garnered 4.5 out of 5 stars and yet was something of a disappointment; another was praised for breaking from his classic style to which other records were disparaged for not adhering. Maybe Buddy Guy's style isn't what you thought. Anyway, the jello salad and backwards R does it for me, as does this:

No comments:

Post a Comment