Wednesday, August 19, 2009

[The Record Crate] No Chikan for Me

I found out at the last minute from Larry Garner's Facebook page that Delta blues powerhouse Super Chikan was playing at Bogie's this week, and unfortunately I couldn't go. I'm apologizing as much to myself as to you, dear reader, for Super Chikan is the kind of feral weirdness that keeps me going, and hopefully keeps you going, too. Bogie's has Cedric Burnside, Rebirth Brass Band, and Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk with the Lee Boys all coming in the next couple of weeks, so I will be putting the needlessly ignored E. Boyd St. watering hole in my rotation, and hopefully so will you.

If there is some other place I need to know about here in town, let me know in the comments. I'm always looking. Information is like fruit: It withers on the vine if it's not plucked and passed around.

Link to original with events calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment