Monday, January 4, 2010

a notch terribler



Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Symphonion Dream (World) (listen)
The Moondoggies - Don't Be a Stranger (listen)
Brad Paisley - American Saturday Night (listen)
Dwight Yoakam - Buenas Noches from A Lonely Room (listen)

Ugh, I got a virus crash on my computer this morning and have spent most of my day watching little windows like the one above, with only the balm of unobtrusive ur-country to salve my wounds, and now that I'm back up, I'm even leerier. What did I do to bring this upon me? Is it because I kinda said I didn't totally hate Miley Cyrus? Maybe the extra-protective layer of actual country music will gird me from harm. Isn't that why people like this stuff?

I actually like this Brad Paisley record, especially the song about video games and soldiers' letters home and Rosa Parks. It's all a little gol-dang we shore have changed, but well, we have.



Also, that Moondoggies album is pure good. Get up on that. I thought it was kind of a terrible name for a band but then I saw there is a Howlin' Moondoggies from Australia, which is a notch terribler of a band name. Both perfectly fine bands; you can differentiate between the two because of the latter's howlin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment