Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the same but different



The Fall - Slates (lala)
Drive-By Truckers - "This Fucking Job" (via Stereogum)

I love any old Fall song and any new Drive-By Truckers song (their new album and documentary come out in March.) The two bands have a few things in common besides being my two favorite bands, but the differences are more glaring. They are two outside columns that support my curious architectural details, not unlike those in the photo above. If you listen to both at the same time, they will cancel each other out and I will come flying out your speakers. Note: do not play both while listening to headphones.



Drive-By Truckers - "This Fucking Job" (MP3)

I walk by that thing in the photo every day on my way to the bus, but I am a little afraid to walk through one of its openings, like I might sudden disappear and then reappear coming out the other way, the same but different. Don't laugh, I watch Fringe. I've seen some shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment