Thursday, January 7, 2010

try and throw a dart at me



Florence & the Machine - Lungs (listen)
DJ Quick and Kurupt - Blaqkout (listen)
Elaine Radigue - Chry-ptus (listen)

The beef noodle soup at Koi is more than a cure-all. It is the snake oil resolving the world's troubles. Just spicy enough to make me cough a little at the end, but otherwise a tincture that points me to temporary enlightenment. If you came at me with a spoon right now, I would successfully bend it with my uncluttered mind.

I cannot, alas, belt it out big-singing style like a sleeker, stronger Eurythmic, as Florence does through her Machine, but because of this soup's presence in my system, I can bend back and forth through time much in the way that Kurupt does with DJ Quik's assist. Really, try and throw a dart at me; I will simply shudder and it will pass right through like I'm a ghost.




In fact, if you need me, I will be sitting lotus-style, parking my three vehicles up on the higher plane, letting the soup radiate its oneness through me, thereby creating a oneness in you.

Om shanti, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment