Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cheers!

IMG_3135
I'm making good use of this space!

Monday:
Ogurusu Norihide, "Humour"
The Fall, Ersatz GB
Magazine, No Thyself
P.I.L., This is PiL
Gleaming Spires, Songs of the Spires
The English Beat, Special Beat Service
Siouxsie & the Banshees, Kaleidoscope
The Sisters of Mercy, First, Last and Always

Monday took a surprisingly gothic turn.


Tuesday:
The Cramps, Off the Bone
Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns, Behind the Magnolia Curtain
Chuck E. Weiss, Old Souls and Wolf Tickets
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos, Muy Divertido!
Gilberto Gil, Expresso 2222
Various Artists, Healing the Divide (particularly the Tom Waits/Kronos Quartet pieces)
Tom Waits, Blue Valentine
Charles Brown, Charles Brown Sings the Blues
Campion Jack Dupree, Blues From the Gutter
Jimmy Reed, Blues is My Business

A "Bluesday-Tuesday" is less a surprise of GothMönday, I suppose. I started to discuss the idea of "here" when referring to a blog but thought better of it. I'm fixing to be out of town for a couple of days in Boston, so I'll probably "be" "here" where everyone knows my name, putting up pictures of lobster rolls and subway platforms and lights reflecting off a certain harbor. Cheers! (as it were.)

No comments:

Post a Comment