Vague spoilers ahead.My overall impression: favorable. Like the recent reboot movies, it is a Star Trek story for people who find actual Star Trek too boring. I have no real stock in timeline continuity or whatever, but as a Star Trek true-believer, I have some questions.
- Her name is Michael?
- What is it saying about a black woman (raised Vulcan(white)) who went from “You should get your own command” to save-the-day clever space acrobat to Fletcher Christian to starting a war with the actually-scary-people-of-color in two episodes?
- Is the albino Klingon becoming the great white hope of the Empire, or is this a un-racist thing (“some see a mistake, I see a mirror”) or just generally racist like most Klingon characterizations are in Star Trek?
- Why do Klingon ships otherwise in the Star Trek universe look like man-cave submarines filled with ogre pirates where these Klingons are a staging a Versace shoot in the gilded lobby of a Trump hotel? Is it because Klingons are Trump supporters? (don't click)
- Why don’t the upright transporter gas burners transport everything in the room? Is it because it is just a show and I really should relax?
- Why does Admiral Alpha Honky get to swing it around the room as a hologram while everyone else is on the TV? Can they get Frank Zappa's hologram on an episode?
- Is Adobe After Effects a sponsor, given the amount of lens flare? Did Ginsu Knives pay to have the sliding doors sound like that?
- Will Capt. Georgiou trade in her smart Starfleet tracksuit for Jedi spirit robes? Can she at least get a spirit sword or something? Michelle Yeoh used to do her own stunts in Hong Kong action movies. She could be the most badass captain ever. Put her in, Coach!
- Will anyone finish making Lt. Saru’s face? Is he a Mummenschanz?
- Why does The Orville feel more like a Star Trek show and ST:D feels more like 24: In Space?
- Did no one consider the impact of the ST:D acronym on the level of discourse in the forums?
- Will CBS: All Access provide non-glitched access to the show soon? I did sign up for a free trial, after all.
- Will there be an episode written and directed by the @rikergoogling guy? I hope so.
when did starship viewscreens replace hologram calls— Riker Googling (@RikerGoogling) September 25, 2017
Post a Comment