Monday, June 15, 2009

secret messages from everywhere



Ha Ha Tonka - Novel Sounds of the Nouveau South
(MySpace) - I am wary of conspicuously Americana acts with funny names, it's like if a BBQ restaurant looks a little too consciously like it's trying to look like a BBQ restaurant rather than just being one, and this new record justifies some of that skepticism, but it makes up for it with understatement and raggedness.

Soul Asylum - Clam Dip and Other Delights - Back from when the indie bands all secretly wanted to be Guns 'N Roses. A woman on a message board to which my wife subscribes frequently posts about the secret messages Soul Asylum's Dave Pirner sends her, not just through their songs, but from everywhere. I mean... they could be coming from Ryan Adams and you would then be stuck deciding who is the crazier one.

Ryan Adams - 29 (listen) I keed, I keed. I wish more people were as "crazy" as Ryan Adams, doing what they want and being all damn the torpedoes about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment