Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a jack stitched into the fabric





Mos Def - The Ecstatic (listen) Two summers ago, Aceyalone's Lightning Strikes (listen) was my default hip-hop ambient summer jam. Last summer, Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III (listen). This summer it is looking like it is this record. I just got word that the album is being released in t-shirt format as well by LnA, though I'm not exactly sure what that means. Will you be able to plug headphones into a jack stitched into the fabric? If so, that would be cool. Can I get an XL one with Pink Moon embedded on it for Sunday mornings? The Shaft soundtrack for when I need to get my stroll on? Is the XL and actual XL, or will the design wrap around me like those all over bus-ad decals? All I know is, I got the kitchen cleaned while listening to it, so please let me know if the Mos Def variety is waterproof.

Cluster - Qua (listen) This bit of throbbing Krautrock nostalgia segued in perfect with Mos Def's ripple, and allowed me to get some damn work done.

Kwesachu Mixtape Vol. 1 (via Micachu & the Shapes) No details, all alien pop awesome. I like mixtape culture very much. I copied the player code through advanced computer super-skillz, so you should be able to just up and click on the above image and make the wheels roll on the tape and roller skate on up to the parking lot where we will meet up later with the Mothership.

No comments:

Post a Comment