Wednesday, April 29, 2009

oh, I get it



The beauty of Julian Cope is that his genius is tainted with numbskullery and vice-versa. Brain Donor sits mainly in the low-cognition part of Cope's sonic spectrum, riffs roughly molded from the True Mud of Man into the shapes of heads, plopped on the sacrificial stone for hardening by the cruel fire in the sky. To give you a sense of things, this EP is entitled Drain'd Boner. Enjoy! (listen)

Drawing Restraint 9 is the Bjork soundtrack for the massive art film of the same name by partner Matthew Barney. I'm not sure how I feel about Barney's work never having witnessed it in full big screen glory, nor am I about Bjork's which I have listened to more times than I can count. I think they are both onto something though If after all these years I still feel (or not feel) this way. (listen)

No comments:

Post a Comment