Monday, May 21, 2012

Authors are so riveting and clever!


Authors are so riveting and clever! Hang on their every word! Bring them beer and plates of food and laugh at their wry comments! It's all they want! This action potluck shot is from the NUNU's Facebook page. Thank you so much George and Jill and everybody involved with the arts programs out in sweet old Arnaudville.

Sunday:
TV (Road House, Mad Men, The Pitch, the Killing, Game of Thrones)
W. G. Seabald, Austerlitz
Blut Aus Nord, 777: The Desanctification (or at least I talked the poet Gorjus of Jackson into buying it)

IMG_4160

Look at this place!

IMG_4158

Monday:
Spritiualized, Sweet Heart Sweet Light and Ladies & Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space
The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Aufheben
Miles Davis, Filles de Kilimanjaro
Joe Henry, Scar
Stevie Wonder, Innervisions
Herbie Mann, Memphis Underground
Jimmy Smith, Organ Grinder Swing

IMG_4162IMG_3086
IMG_3088IMG_4164
IMG_4163
Really, NUNU's is a treasure and I'm humbled that they asked me to be part of their scene out there.
Here's a story I did about them a couple months back in Country Roads.

People bought a bunch of books. The Press told me that we are coming up on a thousand copies sold already. Come be my 1,001! It's now available on Kindle and Nook too. I'll sign your phone or whatever if you want me to. I'm not precious about the artifact!

IMG_3095
IMG_3093IMG_3091IMG_3090

Otherwise, It's been equal parts magnolia, encaustic, mild pneumonia and Austerlitz. And Dave and Brannon and Katie and Gina and Josie and I deconstructed Road House and then Dave and I went to look at metal records.  I read something about Filles of Kilimanjaro this weekend except now I can't find it. It might have just been the Wikipedia page. I'm pretty sure I saw Herbie Mann's Memphis Underground in the stacks at the metal record store. If not, I'm unsure what is calling me to it. I think I'm exhausting all the revelation gleanable from this. I have a conference call. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I like what's going on with yr hair, love. Sweet thoughts to yr pneumonia sufferer, big or small. xo

    ReplyDelete