Friday, June 20, 2008

A Technovelty Manifesto

I was sure I'd coined the term "technovelty" the other day when I was mooning over my new phone and cosidering how silly it was to do so, A Google search at a stop light revealed a code snippet website already had it.

Though, being able to Google for "technovelty" at a stoplight is surely technovelty in its purest form.

And, posting it here with an example might just be enough to make it a word.

I mean, NPR is forever running a smarmy story about a new word entering the dictionary, like Brangelina and locavore, and the story always points to a journalist coining the term in some article, so why not technovelty, and here, and me?

Did I mention I'm typing, editing and posting this all from this device, using technovelty to express itself? Should I draw up a PowerPoint to demonstrate? 'Cuz I think this thing has PowerPoint on it.

1 comment:

  1. What the heck kind of fancy new phone did you get? An iphone? Inquiring minds MUST know.

    ReplyDelete