Wednesday, June 25, 2008

[DownBeat] Lil' Dave Thompson: New Blues Perspectives

Lil Dave Thompson: New Blues Perspectives
by Alex V. Cook

Like most blues artists working today, singer/guitarist Lil Dave Thompson is aware of audiences' expectations for nostalgia or familiar progressions. He also knows how to avoid them.

"I consider myself more contemporary with a bit of Delta style," Thompson said just before a set at Teddy's Juke Joint in zachary, LA. "I'll throw a shuffle or a slow blues on each album, just to hold on to that traditional style of blues, but at the same time I want to be more contemporary. I just don't want to stay in that bag."

Read the whole thing in the July 2008 issue of Downbeat, page 25.

2 comments:

  1. As a former friend of mine, from back in Philadelphia, would say,
    "Proud of Ya."

    Even got Teddy mentioned. That's all we need for it to be BR related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to be of service

    Who are you, by the way? I know "magyar" means "Hungarian" but that doesn't clue me in

    ReplyDelete