Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ramen Review: The Cereal Way of all Things

The Cereal Way Non-Fried Instant Noodle soup is a hit!

Not a home run, but at least a base hit.

The noodles taste like actual noodles and not small strands of plastic that are designed to repel soup. The contents of little vegetable pack turned into something akin to vegetables when reconstituted, like one piece even had some texture. Usually the vegetable pack looks and tastes a little like a handful of potpourri snatched from an old lady's guest bathroom, so having them turn into near-vegetables is practically revolutionary.

The mushroom and chicken soup was bland to almost hospital food levels, but palatable. Maybe the "Spicy Beef" flavor solves this problem. But the noodles were actually good! I suppose one should expect good noodles from a noodle bowl - I mean, how hard is noodles? But I don't subscribe to service economy thinking, shaking my little fists at the sky demanding greater quality for my $1.43 lunch. Instead I look at it in the same way a guy I knew once described sex, expressing bewilderment at men who obsess over having a type.
Be picky? Hell, I'm happy to just be there.

The Cereal Way, you make a decent lay of a noodle bowl, and for that, I am thankful. Here's to finding out if spicy beef adds a little chickie-wah-wah to this relationship.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE RAMEN WITH ALL MY HEART. HAVE LOVED IT SINCE I WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS OLD, and I STILL! LOVE! IT!

    ReplyDelete