Thursday, December 1, 2011

You are sick of hearing about


Here's to all of us!

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice 
The Magnetic Fields, 69 Love Songs

The Divine Comedy, Bang Goes the Knighthood
Epic Soundtracks, Rise Above (Via this guy's YouTube playlist)
  • I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice for a magazine story, if one needs an excuse. It's also the payday before the holidays payday so I got some new clothes and I'm strutting around like a JCPenny catalog model listening to smart, self-referential, literary-minded Britpop in the sudden crispness of what passes for the autumn/winter cusp in these swampy parts.


    The Divine Comedy, "At The Indie Disco".

    Pretty much nails the 80's/90's college rock experience. Who knew the Divine Comedy was still poking their walking stick at it after all these years. The whole of 2010's Bang Goes the Knighthood is a sophisticated wonder. This one is a winner too.


    The Divine Comedy, "I Like"
       
  • You are sick of hearing about each increment in the book's progress, I'm sure, but then you are free to read what you like so...
        
  • Ace rock 'n' roll scribe Joe Bonomo linked to the page for my book at LSU Press, which I hadn't even seen yet. I knew it was coming, but he found it before I did. And with that, I can officially share the cover art for those of you I haven't shown it to on my phone.
     
  • Y'all know about Epic Soundtracks, right?


    Epic Soundtracks, "Everybody Else is Wrong"

    It's our last day of class today, and the final teams are doing their presentations and I'm really proud of the work they've done and look forward to one day hitting some or all of them up for a job when they are running the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment