1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing?
Yes, though it's not my favorite. I prefer straight balsamic vinegar on a salad
2. Favorite late night snack?
rolled up pieces of sandwich meat, preferably hard salami
3. Do you own a gun?
Not now, but I was once given a .410 shotgun for Christmas that got reabsorbed when my mom broke up with that guy. This all sounds much seedier than it was, by the way.
4. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee shop?
Triple grande hazelnut nonfat cappuccino. It is what Elvis would order at the Starbucks in Tommy Lee's house.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
The concept of a doctor's appointment is so foreign to me, having gone without insurance for so long. But generally, no.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I am a hot dog eater and I vote
7. Favorite Christmas song?
I don't know. I just got The Flaming Lips Christmas on Mars soundtrack so maybe something there
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
strong tea, assam or earl grey
9. Can you do push-ups?
probably a couple
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
11. Favorite hobby?
I think writing qualifies as a low-paying job, so playing guitar
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
No, I have laser-sighted focus. New Yankee Workshop uses my focus to align cabinets
13. What's one trait that you hate about yourself?
Hmm, I don't know if there is anything I hate, but my bouts of semi-involuntary introvertedness gets kind of tedious
14. The last disease you contracted?
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
Top Chef. Book proposal. I hope this software project is actually finished.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
tea, water, diet coke
17. Current worry right now?
Usual money jugglings, but even that is not really a worry
18. Current hate right now?
Hitler. I hate that damn Hitler.
19. Favorite place to be?
Up in my house with my family. Going out has lost most of its allure for me.
20. How did you ring in the New Year?
talking on the phone to Jerri in England
21. Like to travel?
Theoretically, but I don;t know if I've done enough of it to have a real answer.
22. Name three people who will complete this:
I am free from these concerns
23. Do you own slippers?
No, but there was a time when I wore a pair of bedroom slippers as my usual going out footware. they held up a lot longer than I thought they would.
24. What color shirt are you wearing?
Black t-shirt that says "Hot Coffee" in Grand Theft Auto letters. I haven't worn this shirt in ages.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
26. Can you whistle?
yes, but I think I do it backwards from everyone else, like I suck in air when I do it
27. Favorite singer/band?
Lord. Right now it is either Jeff Mangum or Antony Hagerty
28. Could you ever make it 39 days on the show Survivor?
Endurance wise, yes, but I would blow it on the challenges
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I'm more of a car singer, and since for the past month jerri has been bringing me to work, I spare everyone
30. Favorite girl's names?
31. Favorite boy's name?
Not Alex. I think it is a terrible boy's name. Every girl in the world has had a cat named Alex, and thereby has soft fuzzy non-masculine associations with it. Xerxes, now there is a name of a MAN
32. What's in your pocket right now?
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
Maya came up with an actual decent knock-knock joke. I can't remember it now, but it was a good one.
34. Like your job?
Which one? The answer is Yes to all but oneor two of them.
36. Do you love where you live?
37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
2 plus 2 computers (also function as tv)
38. Who is your loudest friend?
Most people are pretty soft-spoken around me
39. Do you drive the speed limit or speed?
usually under, because I give off ticket pheremones when I speed
40. Does someone have a crush on you?
41. What is your favorite book?
That one that I hope my current one-in-progress will become when I'm finished
42. What is your favorite candy?
today, Swedish Fish.
43. Favorite Sports Team?
44. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
finishing up an article
45. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today?
thought, "GOD I DON'T WANT TO TEACH TODAY," and then realized oh... I don;t have to teach today