Monday, November 29, 2010

She brought me a plate of leftovers today


It froze over the weekend, and is back up to the mid 70's today.

Sandro Perri, Plays Polmo Polmo
Current 93, Baalstorm, Sing Omega and How He Loved the Moon (Moonsongs for Jhonn Balance)
Deerhunter, Cryptograms and Weird Era Cont
Atlas Sound, Bedroom Databank, Vol 4


RIP Peter "Sleazy" Christopherson. Besides sort of inventing the experimental pop music with Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV that fed my brain in college, it turns out he also designed the covers of those first three Peter Gabriel solo albums at which I stared all through high school. As far as I know, he wasn't in Current 93 (but was the other half of Coil with Jhonn Balance, duly eulogized by the band). All of his stuff seems to have fallen off Rhapsody.

And how come nobody told me I would really like Deerhunter and all the associated sub-bands, particularly Atlas Sound? That they did that throwaway look-Ma-I-got-effect-pedals thing but instead of that being the terminus of their engagement with songcraft, it was only a departure point? Why does Deerhunter lead me to ask a bunch of questions every time? It is bubblegum made from dust, stolen beer and dreams. Better get all his Atlas Sound home recording stuff while you can.



But whatever, boring, I know. How about this? I asked one of the cleaning ladies at work what she was making for Thanksgiving - she always tells me what she's barbequeing every weekend - and then I asked if I can come to her house instead. She brought me a plate of leftovers today. Those greens were perfectly vegetal sour with big hunks of pork and the chop was so tender it pulled apart with a plastic fork. I got a good thing going.

No comments:

Post a Comment