Wednesday, May 4, 2011

daydream nation



Sonic Youth, Daydream Nation

My friend Frank had a thoughtful post and great photo of the National Cemetery here in town, and his photo made me think of a candle, and then the Gerhard Richter painting Kerze that graces the cover of Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation and then how in this allergin-cloud of sun-dappled spring and coming around to the notion that I might actually need to dispel the dream of immortality and finally give in to bifocals, it's all impressions and memorializing and context and daydream. Happy Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you...) and blessed day of Saint Florian of Lorch, patron of chimney sweeps and firefighters (he saved a town from a fire with single bucket of water (and prayer)) and on the walk to school, I misheard Maya say, "You know how some wizards have stinky feet?" and I was all "What are you talking about?!" while thinking, they probably do, revealing myself once again as a semi-permanent resident of daydream nation and she said "Ugh! You know how some lizards have sticky feet?!" rolling her eyes and then suddenly going "Whoa! I just caught a dragonfly!" because, whoa, she suddenly did!


Sonic Youth, "Total Trash"

No comments:

Post a Comment