Friday, January 13, 2012

rock city

Image
Would it were this was a close-up of an area marquee and not the sign at the hardware store near my house.

Rock City, Rock City
Ron Franklin, Ron Franklin
Rory Gallagher, Rory Gallagher
Baby Bee, Drop It Like a Bomb  
The Seeds, The Seeds
Dash Rip Rock, Dash Rip Rock

I'm letting the music do the self-reflection for me today.



Happy Dash Rip Rock day! I suggest we paint DMZ on all neighborhood association signs in tribute!


Dash Rip Rock, "DMZ"

This is pretty much what they were like when I saw then in 1987 at the Chimes, across the street form where my office is now. Meanwhile, back in rock city...


The Seeds, "Evil Hoodoo"


Baby Bee (from my hometown of Houma), "High-Heeled Leather Boots"


Rory Gallagher, "Laundromat"


Rock City, "My Life is Right"

and for good measure...






No comments:

Post a Comment