Wednesday, April 4, 2012

believe

picnikfile_X_5lBC
It's cute how Dave believes we are capable of learning how to make music through education methods.

Hump day, also guitar class night:
Beth McKee, Next to Nowhere and I'm That Way
Johnny Guitar Watson, Ain't That a Bitch
The Bo-Keys, Got To Get Back!
Pretty Purdie, Soul Drums
45 Prince, Crate Combination
Lou Reed, The Bells
Roxy Music, For Your Pleasure


Roxy Music was a hell of a band when you stop and look at them. Bryan Ferry was like a David Byrne that you believe actually had sex with people.


Also I've never really given The Bells its due, but this anachronistic new wave number is speaking to me. What does Lou Reed see in that mirror? Is he in fact our mirror, and looking into one causes a rift in time/space? Or does he see something so real and visceral, something so believable that he instead has to look away at us, who he likely doesn't believe exists? The window is safer to gaze through than is the mirror.


I believe Johnny Guitar Watson has superpowers. Also I believe Johnny Guitar Watson has had sex with more people than David Byrne. And Bryan Ferry and Lou Reed and you and me combined. So much to believe in.

1 comment:

  1. " Bryan Ferry was like a David Byrne that you believe actually had sex with people."

    Bryan Ferry seduces you with roses, and then in the morning you wake up and find your VCR stolen.

    (Can't remember if I said that, or you did, but this soo reminded me)

    ReplyDelete