Thursday, November 13, 2008

Review: You Don't Love Me Yet: A Novel by Jonathan Lethem

You Don't Love Me Yet: A Novel You Don't Love Me Yet: A Novel by Jonathan Lethem


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I wasn't sure I was going to finish it, because I came across another book I really wanted to read, but once I got over the hump I fell for his characters. Lethem's got a way of setting off the details of sweet human weakness in the glare of doomed relationships with each other. The band, the art gallery and the projects, even the love affairs seemed a bit flimsy and improbable, but then all those things are actually pretty flimsy in origin. It's not like we are bitten by radioactive spiders or exposed to gamma rays, we butt up against each other and things happen, weakly, sweetly.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment