Sunday, June 9, 2013

We trapped a rainbow behind a waterfall

tunica01
tunica02
tunica03
tunica04
tunica05

(1) We trapped a rainbow behind a waterfall. I was pretty sure just typing that sentence would make TLC magically appear. (2) It was a beautiful day for a Father's Day hike in Tunica Hills. Except, unbeknownst to me, it was actually not Father's Day today. I wondered why those other dads just looked at me when I cheerily offered "Happy Father's Day!" to them. (3) We lunched upon that groovy painted rock just past the second waterfall. (4) At the end, I changed just off the trail, out of my wet clothes into the new Pond Store t-shirt I got myself for Father's Day. I looked up and saw this sign nailed to a tree. I like to think some Parks Service surveyors were tasked with identifying the trail for the public and tacked up this little metal sign in the middle of the woods. "There. They'll find it now." (5) Right across from the Pond Store, there were some donkeys. It must be great being a donkey, being hilarious in your every move and utterance. They are funny just standing there.


View Larger Map

Also, KPCP, the Voice of Pointe Coupee Parish, not only has the best call letters, but the best blues programming for a drive in the woods.






No comments:

Post a Comment