Sunday, October 2, 2011

relax in the undertow



Trees are dancing drunk with nectar
Grass is waving underwater
Please don't pull me out this is how I would want to go
Insect bomber Buddhist droning
Copper chord of August's organ
Please don't heed my shout I'm relax in the undertow
[sic]
- XTC, "Summer's Cauldron"








The morning's proceedings roughly follow the song wedged in my head: hummingbird; Maya's picture of grass; Maya's picture of me - I'm the large, rounded object in the middle; Maya's panorama of the yard; Maya; Zoe and Anya at their regular post across the fence.



Location:undertow

2 comments:

  1. Very happy about this XTC reference, Alex. Thank you! "the way you slap my face just fills me with desire..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was you (indirectly, through tapes sent to Mark) that got me into XTC in the first place. Now it's my daughter's current favorite band

    ReplyDelete