Laura Marling, A Creature I Don't Know
R.E.M., New Adventures in Hi-Fi
David Bowie, Aladdin Sane
Milagres, Glowing Mouth
Wild Flag, Wild Flag
The Fall, The Infotainment Scan
Lotus Plaza, The Floodlight Collective
Atlas Sound, Bedroom Databank 3 (from the Atlas Sound blog)
- I turned the above cloudy day into the End Times with Snapseed. So fun, this sort of power! Little did my fellow bus riders realize the power I was wielding with each little finger swipe. Where's the button for adding locusts?
- Visits to the blog have shot through the roof! Hi, everybody! It is a bit of a blow to my writerly ego that "test post" is one of the most popular things I've ever done, but I'm not one to argue with the numbers. But why that one? Is it a post-irony thing? I don't get it. If I write a testier post about "test post", will it bridge the meta-hungry new readers and my old minscule audience, creating a super-audience? Will you all then say in unison, "Thank you, People's Poet!" ?
Bokko! Only time and Blogger stats will tell.
- An ad on Spotify worked! I clicked and am listening to Milagres' new album and liking it. I was gonna say I'm not "liking" it in a Facebook kinda way but I'm not sure that's even a valid statement anymore so I'll do what the robots tell me* and move on. I think I shared it... I dunno, it's on there now. Imagine if Pandora set up a concession stand in that little corner of the Spotify screen. Imagine what we'd click on then!
- I'm being half-sarcastic about all this. There is a convergence feeling about the way these goofy networks are overlaying our actual lives that I'm into. The scramble to understand them has an eschatological sheen to it, a get right with Jesus 'fore it's too late thing. I'm sure someone is out there mapping every new Facebook interface change onto Revelations and tweeting/sharing/posting/liking/plussing it. It's exhilarating to scramble for the Rapture.
- Here I am spreading the good word to my friend Chip's class.
To my fellow Wisdom Conveyors of Today: doing your thing via iPad + projector makes you feel like you are doing a TED talk. You are a genius from the future, even when you are just putting a little spin on a Slate article using a drawing program your kid downloaded. F U T U R E !
* Spotify is not gonna make me listen to Pearl Jam, no matter how many times Eddie Vetter says in his self-effacing soundbite, "it's not gonna happen..." I see what you're doing there!