Crab-stuffed fish at Portabello's last night. Slow as Christmas but they came through in the end. Jerri's Parmigiana crusted eggplant salad was the star of the table.
Jackie Mitoo, Drum Song
Alton Ellis, Mr. Soul of Jamaica
GIVERS, In Light
Can, Tago Mago
Wings, Back to the Egg
Ian Dury, Mr. Love Pants
Lou Reed, New York
- Rinky-dink instrumental reggae is one of life's simplest pleasures. It could be piped in everywhere and I'd be happy. Muzak of Jah. Elevator music for passengers directed to On High. Whatever "irie" means.
Jackie Mitoo, "Merry Go Round"
- It took me a lot of maneuvering to get to Mr. Love Pants.
Ian Dury, "Jack Shit George"
- From the copyeditor: If this is OK, then we're finished! It was and we are!
- I'm about to throw this computer out the window, and hope when I do, it hits another computer innocently walking by on the sidewalk, taking them both out.
- I've probably said this before, but it bears repeating love the first line of this song:
Caught between the twisted stars
The plotted lines the faulty map
That brought columbus to new york
Lou Reed, "Romeo Had Juliette". And I also love
He’s thinking of his lonely room
The sink that by his bed gives off a stink
Then smells her perfume in his eyes
And her voice was like a bell