Monday, April 18, 2011

Feeding the Monkey in My Soul



Media: Tomorrow I will be on WNYC's Soundcheck Smackdown, talking about Steely Dan's Aja and why it is a lousy choice for inclusion in the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry with another critic who feels the exact opposite about it. The producers of the show came across the posts on my old blog about listening to the Steely Dan catalog to find what apparently everybody sees in the band I once callously described as "an embodiment of saccharine plasticity and an acceptance that The Dream is dead." Apparently no one else would fess us to not loving the hell out of Steely Dan. Should be fun!

Come hear me joust the cocaine-powered windmills of the 70's on WYNC 93.3 FM/ AM 820 in the New York City area or online, Tuesday, April 19, 2010, around 2pm EST/1pm CST

No comments:

Post a Comment