Wednesday, February 16, 2011

linky


Mississippi River System portrayed in the style of London Underground maps. From here, hat tip to @aharonium. Click on the map for a larger view. I'm linky today.

Media announcement: Butch Hancock review, new CD's by Trail of Dead, Miles Davis, Akron/Family & "why all the women in this bar are crying" in this week's Record Crate blog for 225 Magazine.

Todd Reynolds, Outerborough
Mia Doi Todd/Andres Renteria, Morning Music and Gea

This double CD (available for wider consumption on my birthday, March 29) of solo violin pieces by Todd Reynolds is the precise right stuff, balanced right between conservatory rigidity and lone wolf playfullness. I imagne the sheet music is written on the same head of a pin upon which God places all his angles angels, or whatever that passage is. I never really understood that analogy, except maybe that the universe spins by balancing on this one point (and therefore, I was right in typing angles) - God's love or His divine order or Our belief or something, but I'm not sure. Anyway, Todd Reynolds is up on the head that pin with his violin.

The long forgotten Mia Doi Todd CD came up because of the "todd" in the iTunes search thing. Makes me wonder what else is up in here.


Steel Harmony play a caribbean steelband version of 'Transmission' by Joy Division as part of jeremy deller's Procession in Manchester. www.nicholasabrahams.com
www.manchesterprocession.com
They also do "Love Will Tear Us Apart".Via my editor, and yes, I am working very hard on that manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment