Wednesday, September 15, 2010

cocksure bounce


A version of the dream.

Eno, Moebius, Roedelius, and Plank, Begegnungen and Begegnungen II (via ROOT BLOG)
John Vanderslice, Green Grow the Rushes (from his site)
Norman Mailer, An American Dream
Lloyd Cole, Rattlesnakes

Read Norman Mailer. Get a new tailor.
      - Lloyd Cole, "Are You Ready to be Heartbroken?"



I went and checked out An American Dream over lunch inspired by Lloyd Cole popping into my head (he and Richard Buckner ride the same elevated train around my thinking) and this most excellent dispatch from the Oxford American's The Part-Time Voyeur. It has occurred to me that nobody cares what makes me want to check out what books from the library, in case you among this blog's dwindling readership were wondering. And yet...

Anyway, I felt tough just walking across campus with it in my hand and these excellent Eno, Moebius, Roedelius, and Plank artifacts bleeping and throbbing in my ears, adding cocksure bounce to my gait.  I was ready to bite a fucker's ear off if it came to it, but I made it back to the office unchallenged in any way. I considered walking on to the Family Dollar to get a new belt in a half-hearted attempt to fulfill the second part of Mr. Cole's recommendations, but that can wait for another day. I'll keep you posted.


Norman Mailer and Rip Torn, the infamous Maidstone brawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment