Friday, July 23, 2010

A hawk!


I need a better camera, I know, but look! A hawk!

Mott the Hoople, The Hoople
Faces, Long Player
Lou Reed, The Blue Mask

On the way to the bus stop I looked up the difference between bravado and brio because I wasn't completely sure on the difference between them despite being fond of using both words in my writing. Bravado is foolhardiness, the pretense of bravery whereas brio is enthusiastic vigor, verve. Bravery is whatever bravery is. Then when I got to the bus stop, a hawk lit on the branch above my head and started making the awesome hawk sound. We have hawks here - one lives high up in one of the massive oaks behind our house, but their presence is usually detected by how quiet all the other birds suddenly get. Suddenly, yesterday, the things were everywhere.


Maya took a picture of this feather on the sidewalk while walking to lunch.

 Know who I like? Mott the Hoople.


Mott the Hoople, "Alice"

No comments:

Post a Comment