Friday, February 12, 2010

massively attacked



Palace Brothers - "Long Before"
The Scientists - Pissed on Another Planet (lala)
Ted Leo + Pharamacists - The Brutalist Bricks
Massive Attack - Heligoland (lala)

I've suffered the second massive virus attack in a month and today am basking in the contoured love of a fresh Windows 7 install but really, before you suggest I go Mac or Ubuntu or whatever agenda you might have... I'm kinda over the whole "computer" idea. I realized that everything I have is stored off in web email, a blog, a network share, or in Google Docs. Erasing everything involved a minor hiccup of regenerating myself. I'm ready to start blinking at the cloud and having it blink back.

This Bonnie Prince Billy poster turned up this morning and looks smart on my office wall. I got a wild hair yesterday that I should learn the whole Palace Brothers' There Is No-One What Will Take Care of You album on guitar the other day, which resulted in an afternoon of murmuring the first part of "Idle Hands Are the Devil's Playthings" and watching this weirdly and devastatingly good found footage video for "Long Before." Surprise ending!



The Scientists was a brilliant suggestion, Ted Leo sounds a lot like Andy Partridge from XTC on his new record and I still don't care for Massive Attack. Especially with the whole virus thing. This song mentions "Spanish Town" which is the neighborhood in which I was last subjected to and didn't care for a Massive Attack record and is about to be massively attacked by the bright pink virus of Mardi Gras tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment