Tuesday, July 21, 2009

not-metal on actual metal



Einstürzende Neubauten - The Jewels (listen) Somebody is listening to some black metal in the parking lot outside my open window, sending tendrils of brimstone curling into the air, and it makes me happy. I spent the day in a training class that made me want to pop my own eyes out, and extreme metal is the music to accompany such a thing, but the class is over and I don't want to listen to metal. I'd rather listen to someone else listen to metal. Or really, I'll listen to people make explicitly not-metal on actual metal, as Einstürzende Neubauten are famous for doing. Curiously, lala has this categorized as Genre: Metal/Industrial Metal, which would be correct if they replaced genre with ingredients.


Here is "Armenia," a 1986 Einstürzende Neubauten video by Sogo Ishii, where the sound of not-metal being played on metal is set against images of metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment