Thursday, December 11, 2008

the real juke joint treatment

Keeping warm with



Volumes A, B, C, D on shuffle and just heard Little Milton Anderson


and check out the deep reverb on this


but am mostly here for the presence of this exquisitely-named dude on volumes B and D
CIMG6447

who I am working into a piece about
CIMG6426

but for the real juke joint treatment in the here and now, one should head out to Teddy's Juke Joint
CIMG1135

Where the real players hang out
Teddy's Juke Joint Zachary Louisiana blues bar

4 comments:

  1. I was about to say that "Grits Ain't Groceries" was one of my faves, but I just looked it up to be sure because the "Anderson" part sounded off, and it turns out that that's a different "Little Milton." The "Grits Ain't Groceires" Little Milton's last name is Campbell. I can't believe there's more than one Little Milton!

    The more the better, though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of Little Miltons. In fact, I've heard it said that if there is some unstoppable threat to the blues, they gather at the crossroads and form Big Milton to vanquish their foes, big enough to hypothetically take down a helicopter flying a certain Texas guitarist around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I'm so glad I know now.

    I got a "Little Milton" LP a few months ago because I assumed it was my G.A.G.s friend, but now I'm going to have to verify.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Anonymous was me. I accidentally hit send before typing me name.

    ReplyDelete