Sunday, September 2, 2007

Current 93 on the TV typewriter

Current 93 is some melodramatic overblown stuff that I really don't expect anyone else to like, but it hits me in the exact right spot when I'm in the mood, and since this is apparently my first time using the Internets, I just figured out how to make and post a YouTube playlist, I present this to myself and you.

Here they are, mired in near darkness at the Teatro Rasi, Ravenna, Italy 3/06/2006. I'm always curious that music like this which relies heavily on the language goes over so well in a non-English speaking country, the root of my wonder being sheer gringo arrogance. But really, David Tibet works himself up into an Old testament lather which has to be lost on the average non-native English speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment